Directory Copying

Chris F.A. Johnson chris at home.com
Sat Mar 3 15:45:52 PST 2001

On Sat, 3 Mar 2001, dTd wrote:

> On Sat, 3 Mar 2001 16:43:38 -0500 (EST)
> "Chris F.A. Johnson" <chris at home.com> wrote:

> > [snip]
> > You could copy the entire tree, files and all, then rm all the files,
> > using "find [dir] -type f" to get a list of files.

> And couldn't these to comands be pipe together to do this all at once? I'm
> not a shell scripter by any means but it seams it should be simple.

Quite easy, that's why I didn't bother to figure out the exact command. :)

There really should be a prog to do this, and it might even exist
already. If not a generic script could be written. I'm in the middle of
building LFS-3.0pre1, or I'd do it right now.

	Chris F.A. Johnson	    bq933 at torfree.net
	c.f.a.johnson at home.com	    http://cfaj.freeshell.org
	cfaj at freeshell.org	    http://members.home.net/c.f.a.johnson

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-apps-request at linuxfromscratch.org