"make" is very slow... and other problems

Randolph S. Kahle RandyKahle at KahleAssociates.com
Sat Mar 3 18:59:43 PST 2001

I have finished all of the setup installations (chapter 5).

I have done the chroot and now I am trying to compile
applications.

I have started with the "ed" package.

When I run the ./configure, it runs fairly quickly
until it hits the test for GNU C. That step takes a long
time and then reports "no".

The search for limits.h, memory.h, etc. all fail also
(and take a very long time to fail).

I have double checked the installation and I believe
I have made all of the symbolic links for the includes,
etc.

Does anyone have any suggestions for me?

Thanks -- Randy

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-apps-request at linuxfromscratch.org