X problem

Philip Stubbs philipstubbs at mcmurdo.co.uk
Fri Mar 9 01:35:52 PST 2001

There are a number of solutions to this problem. Well it is not really a
problem but a security feature.

The one I can remember involves creating a symlink as follows:-
ln -s /home/user/.Xauthority /root/.Xauthority

(please check spelling)

This means that root can run X apps when user is logged in. Of course you
will need to update the link if a different user is running X.

HTH