Chroot++

Matthias Benkmann mbenkmann at gmx.de
Sat Mar 10 12:47:27 PST 2001

> this message), but I have one question.  See, if I open up an xterm, it'll
> open a session in my chroot'ed environment.  Is there any way to get back
> to the system I booted up on from inside that xterm?

If you are using kernel 2.4.x I think you can use
"mount -t bind" to map parts of your file systems to other locations. This
would enable you to map the directories from outside chroot to directories
inside chroot.

MSB

----
The real art of conversation
is not only to say the right thing at the right time,
but also to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment.

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-apps-request at linuxfromscratch.org