Entering chroot

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Mar 13 18:46:07 PST 2001

> Stoopid question, but how do I link it statically and with what do I link

First check if it is statically linked. You can check whether program is
linked dynamic or static by running "ldd filename" and it will tell you. If
it says "not dynamic linked" it's means it's statically linked. If it's
dynamically linked it will give you a list with dynamic libraries it needs to
run.

At this point it has to be static. You get bash static by running the
commands you find in Chapter 5-bash exactly as they are printed there.

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-apps-request at linuxfromscratch.org