KDM Problem

Björn Lindberg d95-bli at nada.kth.se
Mon Mar 26 14:53:01 PST 2001

On Tue, 27 Mar 2001, Fabio Fracassi wrote:

> Same Problems here,  the problem is that kdm 2.1 doesn't start the Xsession
> script, so X defaults to a failsave.
> I couldn't solve this problem, but instead use the old kdm 2.0 .
> The xdm also works.
> I have been on both kde and kde users, but no solution. I hope this
> will be fixed in kde 2.1.1 which will be out next week. ;)

I had some problems getting kdm to start right. I use an ~/.xsession that
looks like this:

----<begin>----
#!/bin/sh

[ -f $HOME/.Xresources ] && xrdb -merge $HOME/.Xresources

xmodmap -e "keysym Alt_L = Meta_L Alt_L"

export PATH=$PATH:/opt/kde/bin:/opt/bin
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/opt/kde/lib

exec /opt/kde/bin/startkde
# exec /usr/X11R6/bin/twm

Björn

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-apps-request at linuxfromscratch.org