Script for compiling Xorg

Simon Geard delgarde at ihug.co.nz
Fri Aug 3 02:32:12 PDT 2007

On Thu, 2007-08-02 at 06:58 -0700, Dan Nicholson wrote:
> This is sort of a compromise area. The last time I worked on it, I
> almost added the shebang in. But, as Randy says, the BLFS intention is
> for you to be pasting the commands into a shell. Here, though, it
> actually says to write a script, so maybe it should be written as a
> real script instead just the shell commands.

If the instructions aren't part of a script, what exactly does the "bash
-e" step contribute? Start a new shell for running commands in, which
should exit any time one of them fails? The -e might be useful in an
shell script (i.e the #!/bin/bash case), but what's the point for an
interactive shell?

Simon.