Reaching X under chroot ?

Nicolas FRANCOIS nicolas.francois at free.fr
Wed Aug 8 12:30:43 PDT 2007

Hi.

There was a thread a while ago about building LFS and BLFS entirely in a
chroot environment. The general answer was : "no problem". Well, I do
have one big problem.

It started with the Jdk build : the binary installation went OK, but not
the source, which required an access to X, and was unable to get to :0.0.
I tried to unable "xhost +" in the father environment, but it changed
nothing.

I encountered similar problems with a few Perl modules, and teTeX.

Do you have some hint to enable X during BLFS installation ?

\bye

--

                   Nicolas FRANCOIS
            http://nicolas.francois.free.fr