FireFox2 and pango failure

Randy McMurchy randy at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Aug 23 11:30:13 PDT 2007

Lupine wrote:
> Any idea how I get FireFox to continue it's build process:
>
> /opt/gnome/lib/libpangoft2-1.0.so.0: undefined reference to
> `pango_font_description_get_gravity'
> /opt/gnome/lib/libpangoft2-1.0.so.0: undefined reference to
> `pango_layout_get_lines_readonly'
> /opt/gnome/lib/libpangoft2-1.0.so.0: undefined reference to
> `pango_font_description_set_gravity'
> /opt/gnome/lib/libpangoft2-1.0.so.0: undefined reference to
> `pango_gravity_get_type'
>
> I'v made sure that I have a properly confiured pango and cairo
> installed, and I'm using the exact steps and options as detailed in the
> BLFS-book.  Any suggestions?

Provide the required information (what version of Pango,
Firefox and BLFS did you use) to help us figure out your
issue.

However (and I don't have access to a current build right
now, so I'm guessing), I don't think you installed Pango
using "the exact steps and options as detailed in the
BLFS-BOOK". Because if you did, there wouldn't be a
reference to "/opt/gnome/lib/libpangoft2-1.0.so.0".

That Pango library would be in /usr/lib if you followed
the book. Again, I'm guessing in the spirit of trying to
help, so if I'm wrong I apologize. But things don't look
right with your Pango installation.

--
Randy