FireFox2 and pango failure

Lupine thelupine at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 11:51:23 PDT 2007

On Thu, 2007-08-23 at 13:30 -0500, Randy McMurchy wrote:
> Lupine wrote:
> > Any idea how I get FireFox to continue it's build process:
> >
> > /opt/gnome/lib/libpangoft2-1.0.so.0: undefined reference to
> > `pango_font_description_get_gravity'
> > /opt/gnome/lib/libpangoft2-1.0.so.0: undefined reference to
> > `pango_layout_get_lines_readonly'
> > /opt/gnome/lib/libpangoft2-1.0.so.0: undefined reference to
> > `pango_font_description_set_gravity'
> > /opt/gnome/lib/libpangoft2-1.0.so.0: undefined reference to
> > `pango_gravity_get_type'
> >
> > I'v made sure that I have a properly confiured pango and cairo
> > installed, and I'm using the exact steps and options as detailed in the
> > BLFS-book.  Any suggestions?
>
> Provide the required information (what version of Pango,
> Firefox and BLFS did you use) to help us figure out your
> issue.
>
> However (and I don't have access to a current build right
> now, so I'm guessing), I don't think you installed Pango
> using "the exact steps and options as detailed in the
> BLFS-BOOK". Because if you did, there wouldn't be a
> reference to "/opt/gnome/lib/libpangoft2-1.0.so.0".
>
> That Pango library would be in /usr/lib if you followed
> the book. Again, I'm guessing in the spirit of trying to
> help, so if I'm wrong I apologize. But things don't look
> right with your Pango installation.

Sorry, I wasn't clear.  I put pango and cairo into /opt/gnome with the
rest of the Gnome dependencies because of other issues I was having
getting Gnome apps to find the proper Gnome files.  However, I did
follow "the exact steps and options as detailed in the BLFS-book".  This
is a mixed version of the SVN version of the BLFS-book.

Here are the details:
Pango-1.16.4
./configure --prefix=/opt/gnome --sysconfdir=/opt/gnome/etc
--localstatedir=/opt/gnome/var/lib
make && sudo make install

cairo-1.4.10
./configure --prefix=/opt/gnome --sysconfdir=/opt/gnome/etc
--localstatedir=/opt/gnome/var/lib
make && sudo make install

Firefox-2.0.0.6:

cat > .mozconfig << "EOF"
. $topsrcdir/browser/config/mozconfig
mk_add_options MOZ_OBJDIR=@TOPSRCDIR@/../firefox-build
ac_add_options --prefix=/usr
ac_add_options --with-system-zlib
ac_add_options --with-system-png
ac_add_options --with-system-jpeg
ac_add_options --enable-system-cairo
ac_add_options --enable-official-branding
ac_add_options --enable-svg
ac_add_options --enable-strip
ac_add_options --disable-tests
ac_add_options --disable-installer
ac_add_options --disable-accessibility
ac_add_options --with-system-nss
ac_add_options --with-system-nspr
EOF

cat >> layout/build/Makefile.in << "EOF" &&
ifdef MOZ_ENABLE_CANVAS
EXTRA_DSO_LDOPTS += $(XLDFLAGS) -lX11 -lXrender
endif
EOF

sed -i "s/^    enum$/& xptinfo_enum_1/" \
    xpcom/reflect/xptinfo/public/xptinfo.h &&

make -f client.mk build

Thanks,
-Lup