FireFox2 and pango failure

Randy McMurchy randy at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Aug 23 12:02:50 PDT 2007

Lupine wrote:

> Sorry, I wasn't clear.  I put pango and cairo into /opt/gnome with the
> rest of the Gnome dependencies because of other issues I was having
> getting Gnome apps to find the proper Gnome files.  However, I did
> follow "the exact steps and options as detailed in the BLFS-book".

I'm sorry, I only see a huge conflict in what you are
doing, and what you are saying. If I were you, I would
stay with the book's instructions, and not vary from them,
as the problems you are experiencing seem to be from not
following the book.

You say you need to install Pango and Cairo in /opt/gnome
because you're having problems getting packages to discover
them. However, you're having problems with packages discovering
these libraries doing it your way, so whatever it is you're
doing isn't working.

I can only suggest that you follow the book's instructions.
I'm not trying to be rude, I simply know that following the
book results in Firefox building with ease and GNOME working
perfectly installed in /opt/gnome. And how do I know this?

Because I follow the book and everything works perfectly
for me.

--
Randy