Struggling with gnome 2.18.3

Georgina Joyce gena-j at bulldoghome.com
Sun Aug 26 11:33:56 PDT 2007

Regrettably not so.  There's no extra in sys.log and once I got some fragmented output and thought I'd cracked it so I tried again and again but can't get any output.  From memory it complained, something like:

Can't find /dev/null/pango
Rc not a directory

I'm sorry, I can't get it to do it again and feel most stupid for not saving what little I got.

After some consideration, shouldn't I try and debug the starting of gnome session?  Would the startx command offer a way of collecting the gnome software executing?

Gena
--
Dan

http://www.eset.com