chroot to build blfs

mario danidar at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 05:56:56 PDT 2007

Hello, I have ended building lfs, I want to build lfs, but I don't know how
chroot.
i have to chroot using another OS than the one that served as host for the
build of lfs. because that host (the lfs live cd) did not reckonize the
network card of the computer.

when I chroot using this other operating system. using the command at the
end of chapter 6 of the lfs book 6.2, and i do a uname -a; i don't get the
kernel of the lfs but the kernel of the machine i am chrooting from. how
could I solve that?

how should I enter chroot now?

the command i am currently using is:

chroot "$LFS" /usr/bin/env -i \
HOME=/root TERM="$TERM" PS1='\u:\w\$ ' \
PATH=/bin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin \
/bin/bash --login

do i still have to populate dev?

thank you.