zsh-4.3.4-doc Bug when creating the pdf, html doc?

Ag. D. Hatzimanikas a.hatzim at gmail.com
Sat Nov 10 04:46:09 PST 2007

Hi David,

On Fri, Nov 09, at 11:22 David Van Mosselbeen wrote:
> Is there's an error in the zsh-4.3.4-doc install process. The part
> "texi2pdf  Doc/zsh.texi -o Doc/zsh.pdf". We first need to create the
> directory  Doc/zsh.pdf/ in the source tree. Otherwise it's not able to
> create the final Doc/zsh.pdf/zsh.pdf file. Same goes for the other docs.
> Someone aware and tested this?

I tested the commands and I can't reproduce the behavior you are
describing.
By the way, the generated docs are the same with the precompiled
documentation (zsh-dev-doc.tar.bz2 [1]), so there are no really need
to regenerate them (for those that don't have tetex installed).

Another thing that I am interesting, is to update the book to the
development version (see ticket #2360 [2]).
So, if you or anyone else have any opinion (to update or not to
the dev version) or just to give feedback for this release, please
comment in that ticket.

[1]. ftp://ftp.zsh.org/zsh/zsh-dev-doc.tar.bz2
[2]. http://wiki.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/ticket/2360
--
http://wiki.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/wiki/Hacking