Javaws so SLOW !

Nicolas FRANCOIS nicolas.francois at free.fr
Tue Nov 13 11:53:06 PST 2007

Hi.

I installed my new LFS/BLFS system, the most recent I could find. I have
no problem with the system so far, except for one (or two) things : Java
is EXTREMLY SLOW !

I tried the version in the BLFS book, both binary and source, and then
the version that worked fine on my previous system (LFS 6.0dev, I
think)... Nothing good : javaws apps (KGS, Geogera...) are incredibly
slow.

Maybe it could be related to the kernel, or the glibc... the problem is I
don't know how to trace the problem. Gdb gives minimal informations
(in fact, javaws is java, so this is about nothing to do with gdb), and I
don't know how to get more infos from strace (which also gives minimal
infos).

Could someone give me some clues on this issue ?

\bye

--

Nicolas FRANCOIS                      |  /\
http://nicolas.francois.free.fr       | |__|