booting LFS from usb-external disk

Dr. Edgar Alwers edgaralwers at gmx.de
Wed Nov 28 13:41:20 PST 2007

On Wednesday 28 November 2007 17:38, Lauri Kasanen wrote:

> did you remember to also copy the stage1_5 for the filesystem?

Hi Lauri,

copying the stage1_5 file - in my case for reiserfs- generates the error
16 "inconsistent filesystem structure" that has been handled in multiple
recent contributions. The advice in this cases was to delete the stage1-5
file and let grub link stage1 and 2 directly. ;-(

I start believing, that the boot loader is not only  "the most important
software at all"  ( GRUB Manual ) but also pretty tricky if the normal
procedure -starting from the hard disk- is leaved.

Edgar