New KDE-3.5.8

Andreas Leuner andreas at leuner-online.de
Thu Nov 29 11:38:57 PST 2007

Am Mittwoch 28 November 2007 14:58:18 schrieb Dan Nicholson:
> On Nov 28, 2007 3:36 AM, Alberto Hernando <pajaro.go at gmail.com> wrote:
> > El Miércoles, 28 de Noviembre de 2007 12:05, Andrey escribió:
> > > /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lqt-mt
>
> <snip>
>
> > If you install qt in /opt, make sure that /opt/qt3/lib (or similar) is
> > in /etc/ld.so.conf and run ldconfig later.
>
> No, this is a build time failure, nothing to do with ld.so.conf or
> ldconfig. Can you show the specific error? I don't recall exactly how
> KDE and Qt play together, but it may be that qmake isn't supplying the
> correct -L option so the linker finds libqt-mt.

Normally setting QTDIR during the build is enough, no entry in /etc/ld.so.conf
or setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH or setting LDFLAGS manually is necessary.

But I have had such failures since building kde (even before version 3.5.6)
from blfs.
Could this be because of ./configure --enable-new-ldflags ? It
adds  -Wl,--as-needed -Wl,--enable-new-dtags to the LDFLAGS.
This isn't in the book, but maybe Andrey enabled it? I did :-)

> You may need to add -L/opt/qt3/lib to the LDFLAGS variable, but that
> seems wrong since it's never been necessary before.
The same for me.

Good luck
	Andreas