[blfs-support] Generating the book

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Sat Dec 29 18:06:57 PST 2012

Jean-Philippe MENGUAL wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On my LFS, I try installing the generating environment of LFS book, mandatory
> to do translations. I experience several problems.
>
> 1. html
>
> You will find attached a aa file, which is what happens when I generate. Then,
> you have my /usr/local/etc/xml directory. The only instructions of the required
> packages I could not follow are these with <version> to specify, as I don't know
> if I should specify a such version number for lfs generating.
> e.g. "http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/<version>"
>

> Can you tell me where I miss? Or give me a proper catalog?

You need to install docbook-4.5,

http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/view/svn/pst/sgml-dtd.html

The files should be in /etc/sgml and
/usr/share/sgml/docbook/sgml-dtd-4.5/catalog.  There may be a way to
specify a different directory for xsltproc, but I've never tried that.
Just make sure you install docbook-4.5 according to the instructions.

   -- Bruce