[blfs-support] Network Manager configuration

DJ Lucas dj at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Jul 7 19:53:31 PDT 2012

Anybody have an idea of how to allow a regular user (as a member of a
dedicated group) to modify a wired connection's configuration? With the
config file I've added to the BLFS Wiki (well, similar to that one, I've
divided it up as I had suggested),
http://wiki.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/wiki/NetworkManager I'm able to
enable and disable the connections, but I cannot edit settings using the
gnome nm applet on wired connections. I'm sure I'm missing something
simple, but can't for the life of me find it. I've tried various changes
to policies with no change. Also, clicking network settings from the
tray does nothing...I have to open nm-connection-manager manually.

-- DJ Lucas