[blfs-support] Fwd: Problem running startx

Armin K. krejzi at email.com
Sun Jul 15 01:59:55 PDT 2012

On 07/15/2012 10:48 AM, James Pinto wrote:
> So I need to run all the commands in the Xorg driver chapter again
> right? what about the wrongly configure files how do I correct that and
> do I need to?

You need to try to follow book instructions. Instructions say

"Install the drivers by running the following commands for each package:"

And you did not run theese instructions but ones from the wiki, which
aren't correct for current setup. You should've at least corrected the
configure line in wiki instructions and you should be good. And I don't
think you need all of drivers. evdev, fbdev, intel and vesa should be
enough for you + synaptics if you have touchpad.