[blfs-support] more on trying to get the drm nouveau kernel module loaded

John Burrell john_burrell at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 17 11:44:41 PDT 2012

I installed the latest git versions of libdrm, mesalib and the kernel modules from the nouveau wiki site.

I blacklisted the nouveau module so I could boot the machine. KMS is therefore enabled.

When I do modprobe nouveau or startx I still get the cycling of the colored screens.

startx now gives me a Xorg.0.log which I attach here.

I wonder if someone (Armin?) could take a look at it and see if there's anything untoward about it.

Thanks

jb.