[blfs-support] more on trying to get the drm nouveau kernel module loaded

John Burrell john_burrell at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 17 13:45:50 PDT 2012

> Have you ever tried using nouveau with Ubuntu? Did it have same behaviour?

No, I've not messed around with Ubuntu at all. I don't think I have the expertise to start playing around with it. I'd have to be held by the hand to know how to use nouveau instead of nvidia.

I could blacklist nvidia and add a 20-nouveau.conf to /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d but I have no idea if that is what is required.

I'm not keen to break the host with LFS in a bit of a precarious state - uncharted waters for me. I'm a geophysicist, not a computer expert!

jb.