[blfs-support] MesaLib take about 18 SBU on my box.

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Wed May 23 14:39:18 PDT 2012

On Thu, May 24, 2012 at 03:36:38AM +0800, xinglp wrote:
> May be this reason, I lost "ldconfig" in Xorg Libraries.
> I'll try it tomorrow, and feed back

 I think you mean that you did not run ldconfig after each library
was installed ?  If so, any error would happen when ld failed to
find the library, and you would get a build failure.  So, I doubt
this is the problem (although it is, theoretically, possible that
xorg-server could fail to link).

 Either way, running ldconfig when you encounter a failure to link
will pick up all the now-existing libraries it did not know about.

 Certainly, we used to have to run ldconfig for many (or all) of the
libraries when monolithic xorg (6.8 ?) was first broken into the
modular version, and I still do that.

 So, I need to remove the 'ldconfig' steps on my next build (I'm now
on 7.7-rc, so *if* they are no longer necessary for me, they might
still be needed in 7.6) and test this.  Thanks for rousing my
interest, I'm *so* glad I said I had no plans to upgrade anything
else on BLFS at the moment ;-)

 Whatever, I hope your next build of Mesa is quicker!