[blfs-support] ntp-4.2.6p5

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Fri May 17 09:23:45 PDT 2013

On Fri, May 17, 2013 at 02:39:02AM +0100, Ken Moffat wrote:

>  I get -
> /usr/bin/ntpd: The ``user'' option has been disabled -- built
> without --enable-checkctl or --enable-linuxcaps

 mea culpa : By the time I first saw the error, I had already built
libcap, but I forgot to check at what time I built it - turned out
to be after ntp.

 Meanwhile, I looked at configure and convinced myself that adding
the --enable-linuxcaps option would be needed.  Again, I was wrong :
if libcap is present, it gets found.
>  followed by a version report and some other text.
>
>  Since I haven't seen Fernando's original post, I don't know if this
> is the same as he reported.

 I've now read it, and his reply from 08:50 [ -0700 ] on
http://www.mail-archive.com/blfs-support@linuxfromscratch.org/
and I see he questioned the need for the user.  All I can say is:
thanks for sorting out _my_ problem ;)