[blfs-support] NFS drive is not mounted during boot

Niels Terp nielsterp at comhem.se
Tue May 28 07:11:06 PDT 2013

Hi all,

I have set up my LFS as a NFS client, and accessing my NAS that way. If I manually mount (and unmont) the drive, everything works fine.

But then I wanted the drive to be mounted automatically during boot, which it has done before. But when I boot, it takes a very long time, then I get: mount.nfs: Connection timed out. Which is not surprising, because this happens BEFORE the network connection comes up, and BEFORE rpcbind is available.

How can I change the "boot order" of things ?

Here is a dump of my fstab:

# Begin /etc/fstab

# file system  mount-point  type     options             dump  fsck
#                                                              order

/dev/sda1     /            ext4    defaults,acl,user_xattr            1     1
/dev/sda2     swap         swap     pri=1               0     0
proc           /proc        proc     nosuid,noexec,nodev 0     0
sysfs          /sys         sysfs    nosuid,noexec,nodev 0     0
devpts         /dev/pts     devpts   gid=5,mode=620      0     0
tmpfs          /run         tmpfs    defaults            0     0
devtmpfs       /dev         devtmpfs mode=0755,nosuid    0     0
192.168.0.17:/volume1/Data      /mnt/DiskStation/Data   nfs rw,hard,intr  0 0

# End /etc/fstab
~

Niels