[blfs-support] Is BLFS-7.4 book still available online?

akhiezer lfs65 at cruziero.com
Tue Mar 18 01:39:09 PDT 2014

	.
> >> Hi guys,
> >>
> >> I can't find blfs-7.4 online after 7.5 was released.
> >> Is it supposed to be in blfs museum or somewhere else?
>
> Well the current version is at:
>
> http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/view/stable/
>
> look what happens if you go up one directory.
>
> > (There is a long-standing issue re non-avail of 'archive/museum' via direct links.)
>
> It really doesn't need to be in the museum if it's so easily available.

Maybe so, but might it be a good idea that the museum/archive stuff be
'tidied' a bit? There's a thread on 'website' list from early July 2013:

  https://www.mail-archive.com/website@linuxfromscratch.org/msg00291.html

; in which you kindly put in the stop-gap link - and thanks again, of course
(am aware that it's someone else's time that's handling that stuff) - :

  http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/~bdubbs/lfs-museum/

; that still works as of this morning - and that contains the stuff right
back to 1.0 , and up to 7.0  .

Why not just make 'archive' and 'museum' point to the same place, with
'archive' taking the lead role - i.e. the one that's advertised up-front;
and have every release, including latest plus a link to svn, in there. Folks
are used by now to seeing all such stuff under the one dir, for all sorts
of projects on the net.

And could timestamps be preserved please in any such consolidation; yes,
they're not relied on, but it can be useful to see them in ftp/http dir
lists &c.

(If 'museum' stuff back to 1.0 thru 5.x is deemed 'not
useful/interesting/&c', then perhaps remove similar materials from early
chapters of b/lfs books? I don't think the former or are advocating the
latter.)

rgds,
akh