[blfs-support] OpenJDK 1.8u51 build instructions (alternative option)

Pierre Labastie pierre.labastie at neuf.fr
Sat Aug 15 09:00:21 PDT 2015

On 10/08/2015 19:42, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
> (Note: Resending this after fixing DKIM signing issues, I apologize in advance
> to those who get the email twice)
>
> I was reading over
> <http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/view/svn/general/openjdk.html>, and it
> seemed a bit overly complex.  I've been building OpenJDK for a while, and I
> was able to make it so you can use the normal checkout method for getting the
> source with a simple patch.  I.e.,:
>
> hg clone -r jdk8u51-b16 http://hg.openjdk.java.net/jdk8u/jdk8u60/
> cd jdk8u60
> chmod a+rx get_source.sh
> patch -p1 < fix-source.patch
> ./get_source.sh -r jdk8u51-b16
>
> Then you can just run ./configure <options> etc
>

> Figured this may be useful to others.  It essentially passes the -r <tag>
> option to the initial source clone of the other required repositories.
>
> Now there's no need to download all the tarballs separately, etc.
>
> --Quanah

It looks like those instructions require mercurial to be available. The BLFS
policy is such that the user be able to build without being connected to
internet after the tarballs have been downloaded, which means that no required
instruction in the book use mercurial (or git, or subversion...)
Regards,
Pierre