[blfs-support] OpenJDK 1.8u51 build instructions (alternative option)

Pierre Labastie pierre.labastie at neuf.fr
Mon Aug 17 03:00:04 PDT 2015

On 16/08/2015 18:47, Fernando de Oliveira wrote:
> Em 16-08-2015 12:28, Ken Moffat escreveu:

>>> Good question! I haven't built LO for a while... So I do not know. I think I
>>> never realized that there were downloads occurring during the build process...
>>>
>> Heh, try starting to build it at the end of the night (probably between 3 a.m.
>> and 5 a.m. here).  I've several times tried that and had the
>> downloads, and therefore the build, fail within a few minutes of
>> starting.
>>
>> Wayne also posted something in the past.  At one time I used to save
>> the downloads after my first build of a new version, so that I would
>> not have to re-download them.  But the details changed and I gave
>> up.
>
> I still save and make a diff to see what changed.
>

>> Also, of course, there is the binary texlive installer.
>>
>>> Back to OJDK: if the procedure from the OP is acceptable for the book, I'll be
>>> happy to include it, but I does not prevent the need for storing files (at
>>> least java binaries and probably jtreg) on anduin.
>>>
>>> Pierre
>>
>> I try not to comment on OJDK, so I'll leave comments to the other
>> editors.
>>
>> ĸen
>>

> I don't know what happened when Pierre updated last time. I thought you
> and I, Pierre, had agreed to modify along the lines that I described in:
>
> [http://lists.linuxfromscratch.org/pipermail/blfs-dev/2015-May/030258.html]
>
> Thought that either you forgot or thought it would be much trouble to
> make the change.

First alternative, sorry... I was in a hurry and I completely forgot the
thread you mention, although I contributed to it.

Let me open a ticket and defer the update to next week (I'll leave tomorrow
and go to my parent's home, where I'll be able to read mails, but not to do
development).

About Paul's fear for untested packages, Fernando's method uses the very same
as those on anduin.

Pierre