[blfs-support] Thunar icons/thumbnails

Paul Rogers paulgrogers at fastmail.fm
Sun Aug 30 09:32:34 PDT 2015

>On Aug 30, 2015 12:17 AM, "Paul Rogers" <paulgrogers at fastmail.fm> wrote:
>>
>> I generally just use fluxbox, but a DE is expected anymore, so I
>> installed XFCE.  Seems to work, though Thunar seems sort of half-
>> baked. I followed the book (~7.2).  First problem is I'm not getting
>> any icons or thumbnails on "folders" or files.  Any suggestions to
>> fix this?
>
>Hi Paul,
>
>Did you install Tumbler?
>
>Douglas R. Reno

Yes, I followed the book, a SVN version contemporaneous with the LFS-7.2
I installed (20121102).

However, I am just discovering a couple glitches I didn't know I had,
but don't know for sure how to solve.

xfdesktop: Thumbnailer failed on calling GetFlavors
xfce4-session: Querying CanRestart failed, Failed to connect to socket
/var/run/dbus/system-bus-socket. Permission denied.

Two more of the last for CanShutdown, etc.

/var/run/dbus is 770  (Should be 777?  Could be my fault, I rewrote all
the init bootscripts.)
/var/run/dbus/system-bus-socket is 4777

--
Paul Rogers
paulgrogers at fastmail.fm
(I do not personally endorse any additions after this line. TANSTAAFL
:-)

--
http://www.fastmail.com - Faster than the air-speed velocity of an
                          unladen european swallow