[blfs-support] libgcrypt-1.6.4

Richard Melville richard.melville69 at googlemail.com
Mon Nov 2 05:17:09 PST 2015

Under "Command Explanations" it reads "--with-capabilities: This
option enables libcap2 support".

May we have a health warning here because if this option is enabled,
and the user goes on to build and install cryptsetup, they will find
that their cryptsetup build is completely broken.

Result:-

device-mapper: version ioctl on  failed: Permission denied
Incompatible libdevmapper (unknown version) and kernel driver (unknown version).

I know that cryptsetup is not in the book, but I'm sure that I'm not
the only one that sees it as an essential tool for encrypting block
devices.  Building libgcrypt with the "capabilities" option gave me
two days of building, rebuilding and testing other packages until I
discovered the cause of the problem.

Richard