[blfs-support] libgcrypt-1.6.4

William Harrington kb0iic at berzerkula.org
Tue Nov 3 06:30:04 PST 2015

On Tue, November 3, 2015 11:31, Richard Melville wrote:

> I suppose another answer is to use a different crypto library with
> crypsetup, but as cryptsetup is not in the BLFS book then it's
> irrelevant here.
>
> Richard

We only have hints which use cryptsetup. I'm not sure why cryptsetup never
made it into BLFS, Perhaps no one got around to it. We've had hint updates
for cryptrootfs in 2013.
http://lists.linuxfromscratch.org/pipermail/hints/2013-April/003308.html
Nowhere in the hints does it warn to not use --with-capabilities with
gcrypt, as well.

As far as backends, cryptsetup 1.7 can use:
gcrypt, openssl, nss, the kernel, and nettle.

It may want gcrypt by default if it finds no other backends.

Not long ago Tim had the same issue:
http://archive.linuxfromscratch.org/mail-archives/blfs-dev/2015-August/030805.html
which he also had this, too
http://archive.linuxfromscratch.org/mail-archives/blfs-dev/2015-August/030808.html