[blfs-support] BLFS 7.8 development edition: libjpeg-turbo-1.4.2

Hazel Russman hazeldebian at googlemail.com
Mon Nov 9 08:07:02 PST 2015

I am updating my 7.8 setup with packages from 7.8-development including this package. During the make stage, there are numerous reported errors of the type:
  GEN      jdsample-sse2-64.lo
libtool:   error: ignoring unknown tag NASM

They all occur in the simd directory and they don't seem to have any adverse effect on the build. In other words, they behave like warnings rather than true errors. The package tests and installs normally.

According to what I googled, this type of message can be due to an incompatibility between the local version of libtool (2.4.6 in my case) and the version used to libtoolize the package. I suggest adding a note to reassure other users who come across the same thing.