[blfs-support] libdrm-2.6.64 PKG_CHECK_MODULES syntax error

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Wed Nov 11 16:27:20 PST 2015

On Thu, Nov 12, 2015 at 01:08:10AM +0100, Sebastian Skjold Højsted wrote:
> Hi, ive been installing LFS and BLFS and having a great time with the book, troubleshooting and problem solving :) very fun indeed.
>
> I am in the process of building mesalib in BLFS 7.8 as part of installing X and when building the dependency libdrm-2.4.64 i run the command from the book

[...]
> But this results in the output
>
> checking for native atomic primitives... Intel
> ./configure: line 13522: syntax error near unexpected token `PCIACCESS,`
> ./configure: line 13522: ` PKG_CHECK_MODULES(PCIACCESS, pciaccess >= 0.10)´
>
> Any ideas as to what is wrong - i installed the Xorg libraries and xcb + utils as described in the chapters before
>
> Any help would be much appreciated :)
>
> /sebastian

It looks as if you failed to install libpciaccess from the xorg
libraries.  It is the third-from-last package on that page, so it
looks as if you might have had an error somewhere (either in
pasting, or during a build/install).  I suggest you check to see
which Xorg libraries did not install.

In general, the Xorg libs each install a corresponding lib*.so file
(as well as headers and perhaps other libs), so begin by looking at
those.  There are two exceptions: xtrans installs headers and a
pkgconfig file, xtrans.pc, and libXScreenSaver installs libXss.so.

When you have found out which lib(s) were not installed, if it was
not caused by an incomplete copy'n'paste, you need to work out what
failed.

  aka "The hedgehog song"