[blfs-support] libgpg-error

Douglas R. Reno renodr2002 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 14 16:02:31 PST 2015

On Sat, Nov 14, 2015 at 10:59 AM, Pol Vangheluwe
<pol.vangheluwe at belgacom.net> wrote:
> I am using BLFS-7.6-systemd to extend my LFS-7.7-systemd system.
> The build of libgpg-error-1.13 fails with:
>
> Making all in src
> make[2]: Map '/BLFS_sources/libgpg-error-1.13/src' wordt binnengegaan
> gawk -f ./mkerrnos.awk ./errnos.in >code-to-errno.h
> gawk -f ./mkerrcodes1.awk ./errnos.in >_mkerrcodes.h
> gcc -E   _mkerrcodes.h | grep GPG_ERR_ | \
>                gawk -f ./mkerrcodes.awk >mkerrcodes.h
> rm _mkerrcodes.h
> gcc -I. -I. -o mkerrcodes ./mkerrcodes.c
> In file included from ./mkerrcodes.c:26:0:
> ./mkerrcodes.h:9:5: fout: expected expression before ',' token
>    { , "GPG_ERR_E2BIG" },
>      ^
> (…)
>
> All error codes are missing in the file mkerrcodes.h, created by gawk…
>
> I see however that the standard BLFS book uses libgpg-error-1.20 and I could successfully build this version on my system.
> Looks like a compatibility problem between version 13 and gawk or gcc?
>
> What about the note: “This package is known to build and work properly using an LFS-7.6 systemd platform.”?
>
> Maybe add a wiki note to suggest using a higher version?
>
> pvg

I would like to kindly request that you use the development version of
BLFS systemd. 7.6-systemd is highly outdated, and there will no longer
be any stable releases of BLFS systemd. BLFS systemd will be going to
a rolling release, sort of like how BLFS was prior to 7.3. This
decision is due to a lack of manpower and time on my end.

Douglas R. Reno
-- BLFS Systemd maintainer