[blfs-support] libgpg-error

Pat Barnes pat.barnes at charter.net
Sun Nov 15 06:24:03 PST 2015

On Sat, 2015-11-14 at 18:02 -0600, Douglas R. Reno wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 14, 2015 at 10:59 AM, Pol Vangheluwe
> <pol.vangheluwe at belgacom.net> wrote:
> > I am using BLFS-7.6-systemd to extend my LFS-7.7-systemd system.
> > The build of libgpg-error-1.13 fails with:
> >
> > Making all in src
> > make[2]: Map '/BLFS_sources/libgpg-error-1.13/src' wordt binnengegaan
> > gawk -f ./mkerrnos.awk ./errnos.in >code-to-errno.h
> > gawk -f ./mkerrcodes1.awk ./errnos.in >_mkerrcodes.h
> > gcc -E   _mkerrcodes.h | grep GPG_ERR_ | \
> >                gawk -f ./mkerrcodes.awk >mkerrcodes.h
> > rm _mkerrcodes.h
> > gcc -I. -I. -o mkerrcodes ./mkerrcodes.c
> > In file included from ./mkerrcodes.c:26:0:
> > ./mkerrcodes.h:9:5: fout: expected expression before ',' token
> >    { , "GPG_ERR_E2BIG" },
> >      ^
> > (…)
> >
> > All error codes are missing in the file mkerrcodes.h, created by gawk…
> >
> > I see however that the standard BLFS book uses libgpg-error-1.20 and I could successfully build this version on my system.
> > Looks like a compatibility problem between version 13 and gawk or gcc?
> >
> > What about the note: “This package is known to build and work properly using an LFS-7.6 systemd platform.”?
> >
> > Maybe add a wiki note to suggest using a higher version?
> >
> > pvg
> >

> I would like to kindly request that you use the development version of
> BLFS systemd. 7.6-systemd is highly outdated, and there will no longer
> be any stable releases of BLFS systemd. BLFS systemd will be going to
> a rolling release, sort of like how BLFS was prior to 7.3. This
> decision is due to a lack of manpower and time on my end.
>
> Douglas R. Reno
> -- BLFS Systemd maintainer

I would attest to the fact that this is a successful strategy. I have a
fully function systemd version of LFS and using the development version
of systemd BLFS, I have successfully brought up apache, XFCE and KDE4
desktops. Occasionally I have found minor bugs that can usually be
resolved by looking in the standard BLFS stable or development version.
I have only recently joined the mailing lists and apologize for not
filing bugs on these problems I will do so in the future.

Pat