[blfs-support] Chromium

Paul Rogers paulgrogers at fastmail.fm
Wed Nov 25 15:02:41 PST 2015

I'm more or less in Ken's camp--I'd prefer a browser with fewer
dependencies, and one that isn't a snitch.  My as-built tarball for
firefox-35 is 118MB, so none of them are lightweights.  (Back in my day
we called it "creeping featuritis".)  As to Flash, I'm using Shumway on
35.  If I never have to use Flash again it'd be too soon.

I'd recommend keeping up with both Chromium and Iridium, even others,
and see if at some point they have something worth a strong
recommendation.
--
Paul Rogers
paulgrogers at fastmail.fm