[blfs-support] Chromium

alex lupu alupu01 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 26 17:20:02 PST 2015

On Thu, Nov 26, 2015 at 9:55 AM, <willie at tuta.io> wrote:

> 25. Nov 2015 21:58 by kb0iic at berzerkula.org:
>
> On Wed, November 25, 2015 20:03, Niels Terp wrote:
>
> --
> Anyway, if anyone is interested, I can provide a build script. So far, I
> get the feeling there is a lack of interest in Chromium on LFS, at least
> to include and maintain it in the book. This is ldd for chromium.
>

> I would most certainly like to have and try that. I have earlier tried to
> download and compile Chrome, which is my favorite browser.
>
> Cheers
> Niels
>

> Hello Niels,
>
> A hint may also be created. http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/hints
>
> Sincerely,
>
> William Harrington
> --
>

> A hint is probably the best way to handle Chromium for now, I can create a
> (fairly large) hint for chromium this weekend, or maybe sooner. I'll post
> it to the hints list when it's done.

​Hi Willie,

Do not forget to include some hints (and/or scripts) for 32-bit (B)LFS
users as well.
Strange as it my seem, there are still a few of those systems hanging
around in this wide world of ours and we should show compassion toward them.
Another thing;  without our helping those people, any hint for 64-bit alone
won't make much sense as long as Chromium still fully supports 32-bit Linux
systems.
(Arch and Ubuntu favor 64-bit systems, but they are cruel people).

Thanks,
-- Alex