[blfs-support] Chromium

willie at tuta.io willie at tuta.io
Fri Nov 27 00:22:14 PST 2015

27. Nov 2015 02:20 by alupu01 at gmail.com:

> On Thu, Nov 26, 2015 at 9:55 AM,  <> willie at tuta.io> > wrote:
>
>>           >> 25. Nov 2015 21:58 by >> kb0iic at berzerkula.org>> :

>>> Hello Niels,
>>>
>>> A hint may also be created. >>> http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/hints
>>>
>>> Sincerely,
>>>
>>> William Harrington
>>> --
>>>

>> A hint is probably the best way to handle Chromium for now, I can create a
>> (fairly large) hint for chromium this weekend, or maybe sooner. I'll post
>> it to the hints list when it's done.
>>

> ​Hi Willie,
> Do not forget to include some hints (and/or scripts) for 32-bit (B)LFS
> users as well.> Strange as it my seem, there are still a few of those
> systems hanging around in this wide world of ours and we should show
> compassion toward them.> Another thing;  without our helping those people,
> any hint for 64-bit alone won't make much sense as long as Chromium still
> fully supports 32-bit Linux systems.> (Arch and Ubuntu favor 64-bit
> systems, but they are cruel people).
> Thanks,> -- Alex

Hello Alex,

Thanks for the tips, I've uploaded the hint and hope someone can test it on a
32 bit version. It should work just fine on a 32 bit system, the only thing
I'm not sure about is linking the chromium binary. I read somewhere that
linking the final binary requires a 64 bit environment.

I don't know if this is true and hope someone with a 32 bit system can test
this.

BTW i noticed some slashes at the end of lines with URL in the hint have gone
missing.