[blfs-support] pavucontrol

Thanos Baloukas baloukasthan at sch.gr
Wed May 4 04:03:44 PDT 2016

On 04/05/2016 06:26 πμ, alex lupu wrote:
> On searching for "pulsuaudio" (for various problems, configs, etc.),
> "pavucontrol"
> comes up a lot in the discussions.
> I was wondering why it hasn't been included in BLFS offerings.
> Seems to require standard BLFS packages like gtk+-2/3 and cairomm.

Nice solution. I'm using it with alsa-plugins and this asound.conf

# Start of /etc/asound.conf

# Use PulseAudio by default
pcm.!default {
   type pulse
   fallback "sysdefault"
   hint {
     show on
     description "Default ALSA Output (currently PulseAudio Sound Server)"
   }
}

ctl.!default {
   type pulse
   fallback "sysdefault"
}

# End of /etc/asound.conf

so that I don't have the mess of two sound servers.
It's dependencies can be found on

https://www.archlinux.org/packages/extra/x86_64/pavucontrol/

and build directions on

https://git.archlinux.org/svntogit/packages.git/tree/trunk/PKGBUILD?h=packages/pavucontrol

To get the source do

git clone git://anongit.freedesktop.org/pulseaudio/pavucontrol
cd pavucontrol/
git checkout 9b307dcfe2051caea7145c8ab48953bb4f57005c

There is also pasystray

https://aur.archlinux.org/cgit/aur.git/tree/PKGBUILD?h=pasystray

It works fine on xfce4-panel and it can start other pulseaudio
utilities that are listed in optdepends on above url.

--
Thanos