[blfs-support] android on qemu/KVM?

rhubarbpieguy at gmail.com rhubarbpieguy at gmail.com
Thu May 12 02:25:35 PDT 2016

Is anyone running android using qemu/KVM?  I receive a never-ending
android splash screen with:

    qemu -enable-kvm -hda vdisk.img              \
         -cdrom android-x86-4.4-r5.iso               \
         -boot d                                                  \
         -m 384

I have less success with the alternate installation method as it never
displays a splash screen but immediately returns to the installation menu:

I can boot and run android installed on another partition so assume the
problem isn't box related.  However, I can successfully run Mint as a VM
using the alternate installation method so perhaps the problem is simply
android.