[blfs-support] Problem with gcc-6 and qt--5.6

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Sat May 21 16:00:47 PDT 2016

On Sat, May 21, 2016 at 10:51:37PM +0200, Pierre Bechetoille wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Following BLFS dev, I built latest KDE plasma and sddm with QT-5.6.0. The
> build was OK.
> However starting sddm or kde plasma failed (segmentation fault).

[ skip the useful details, I want to ask an unrelated question ;) ]

I'm very glad you got it working, because it shows that what is in
the book for plasma does indeed work - I'm one of those people for
whom, at the moment, it doesn't (I can't even reliably startkde
after dropping back to runlevel 3).

One specific question (since nobody replied on -dev) - how did you
create the files in /run/user for pulse ?  I had forgotten /run
appears to be volatile.

And thanks for debugging this.