[blfs-support] x86-64

Paul Rogers paulgrogers at fastmail.fm
Mon May 30 14:04:30 PDT 2016

I should have seen this coming.  My excuse is I'm new to 64-bit
systems--
that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

I'm (sort of) finished building my x86-64 (B)LFS system, and it's
time to try cloning it to make a clean version.  The problem is that
when I try to customize the BLFS packages as they're installed, I do
that in a chroot.  AND that fails using the 64-bit code in the chroot
on a 32-bit host.

I have a workaround (64-bit Live DVD), but is there any parameter I
could set going into the chroot that would make it work in "32-bit
compatibility mode", if there is such a thing?
--
Paul Rogers
paulgrogers at fastmail.fm
(I do not personally endorse any additions after this line. TANSTAAFL
:-)

--
http://www.fastmail.com - A no graphics, no pop-ups email service