[blfs-support] xdg-utils - config.status: WARNING: 'scripts/Makefile.in' seems to ignore the --datarootdir setting - BLFS 8.2

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Sat Jun 16 20:00:11 PDT 2018

On Sun, Jun 17, 2018 at 04:24:37AM +0200, Christopher Gregory wrote:

> > Sent: Wednesday, June 13, 2018 at 12:25 PM
> > From: rhubarbpieguy at gmail.com
> > To: "BLFS Support (no HTML)" <blfs-support at linuxfromscratch.org>
> > Subject: [blfs-support] xdg-utils - config.status: WARNING: 'scripts/Makefile.in' seems to ignore the --datarootdir setting - BLFS 8.2
> >

> > I receive "config.status: WARNING: 'scripts/Makefile.in' seems to ignore
> > the --datarootdir setting" when compiling xdg-utils.  Can this error be
> > ignored?
> >
> > I also receive:
> >
> >     xmlto:
> > /compiler/xdg-utils-1.1.2/scripts/html/../desc/xdg-desktop-menu.xml does
> > not validate (status 3)
> >     xmlto: Fix document syntax or use --skip-validation option
> >
> > I don't understand what's causing the error and I see no
> > '--skip-validation' configuration option in xdg-utils or xmlto.
> > Where/how do I skip validation?  And if I do so, am I simply ignoring a
> > problem?

[...]
> Hello,
>
> Your not the only one who had to fight this.  I was getting the exact same error.  I had to remove the system entries for docbook-4.5 docbookxml and re-install and re-create the catalogues.  Only after I had
> done that did this package successfully compile and install for me.

In that case, the important question is "What differed between your
original install and your revised install ?".  No, I very much doubt
that you are able to answer that (if it happened to me, I probably
would not be able to), but understanding what changed will be key to
working out why (at least) the two of you have had this problem.

And Christopher - please don't mail me privately, since either your
setup, or your mail provider, rejects my replies.

              Keyboard not found, Press F1 to continue