Text Updates Completed

go moko gomoko at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 1 05:57:44 PST 2005

--- Jim Gifford <lfs at jg555.com> wrote:

> I just finished updating a lot of text in the book.
> I request that
> anyone that views the 11302005 and later version of
> the book(when it
> gets rendered) to help verify the text. If you see
> something that is
> questionable or don't like the wording, post a note
> here or reply to
> this message.

Some little typos found in chapter 5:
- 5.3
"Now you will need to set the target triplet for the
target architecure"
=> "Now you will need to set the target triplet for
the target ***architecture***"

- 5.3
"Now we will add these to ~/.bashrc"
=> "Now we will add ***LFS_TARGET*** to ~/.bashrc",
and indicate that LFS_HOST will be put in the next
chapter

- 5.4
"You will need to set your host target triplet for 32
bit"
=> "You will need to set your host target triplet for
32 ***bits***"

- 5.4
"If the above test gave you an error, you will need to
change your LFS_HOST to a a different target triplet:"
=> This line must be removed (no error in the test,
just a message, as said in the line before)

- 5.4
"Lets add the build flags to ~/.bashrc to prevent
issues"
=> "Lets add the build flags ***and the triplets*** to
~/.bashrc to prevent issues"

- 5.6.1
"--host=${LFS_HOST}
When used injunction with --target, this creates a
cross-architecture executable that creates files for
${LFS_TARGET} but runs on ${LFS_HOST).
--target=${LFS_TARGET}
When used injunction with --host, this creates a
cross-architecture executable that creates files for
${LFS_TARGET} but runs on ${LFS_HOST).
"
=> "in junction" instead of "injunction", if my
english is correct. And it can be written on one line
with the two options.

- 5.6.1
Is the copy of libiberty.h useful in this chapter?

- 5.7.1
"--host=${LFS_HOST}
When used injunction with --target, this creates a
cross-architecture executable that creates files for
${LFS_TARGET} but runs on ${LFS_HOST).
--target=${LFS_TARGET}
When used injunction with --host, this creates a
cross-architecture executable that creates files for
${LFS_TARGET} but runs on ${LFS_HOST)."
=> It's not "--target", it's "--build"; and the
"LFS_HOST" and "LFS_TARGET" must be inverted.

- 5.8.1 (and 5.11.1)
"The following patch ensures that gcc does not search
the /usr directory for libgcc_s.so when
cross-compling"
=> "The following patch ensures that gcc does not
search the /usr directory for libgcc_s.so when
cross-***compiling***"

- 5.9.1
"This forces GLIBC to use the AR utilitythat we made
for our target architecture"
=> "This forces GLIBC to use the AR ***utility*** we
made for our target architecture"

- 5.9.1
"This tells GLIBC to utilize all add-on's that are
avaialble"
=> "This tells GLIBC to utilize all add-on's that are
***available***"

- 5.10.1
"Puts GLIBC into a /tools/lib64 instead of /tools/lib"
=> "Puts GLIBC into *** /tools/lib64 instead of
/tools/lib"

- 5.11.1
"This option ensures that only the C and C++ compilers
is built."
=> "This option ensures that only the C and C++
compilers ***are*** built."

Regards
G. Moko