Text Updates Completed

go moko gomoko at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 1 09:11:34 PST 2005

--- Jim Gifford <lfs at jg555.com> wrote:

> I just finished updating a lot of text in the book.
> I request that
> anyone that views the 11302005 and later version of
> the book(when it
> gets rendered) to help verify the text. If you see
> something that is
> questionable or don't like the wording, post a note
> here or reply to
> this message.

Chapter 10 (not yet finished, but I must stop today):

- 10.4.1
"When running on older and slower hardware, some tests
can fail because of test timeouts being exceeded"
=> Can be removed, as Athlon 64 isn't a older and
slower hardware

- 10.4.4
"By default, the dynamic loader (/lib/ld-linux.so.2)
searches through /lib and /usr/lib for dynamic
libraries"
=> /lib64 and /usr/lib64 must be added

- 10.12.1
"This option changes the location of the locate
database to be in /var/lib/locate, which is
FHS-compliant"
=> "This option changes the location of the locate
database to be in ***/var/lib64/locate***, which is
FHS-compliant"

- 10.16.1/10.17.1
"Give Readline's dynamic libraries to a more
appropriate permissions"
=> "Give Readline's dynamic libraries *** more
appropriate permissions"

Regards
G. Moko