gcc 4.0.2 build error

Matt Darcy lfs-list at projecthugo.co.uk
Mon Dec 5 04:25:23 PST 2005

Back Michael (extern) wrote:
> Hey!
> I try to build CLFS develop on a x86_64 machine for a x86_64 machine!
> Why crosscomplie for the same machine? I tried LFS ... but it doesn't work
> and I want a reallt 64-Bit LFS without 32-bit things.
> Now the error I get:
> By doing GCC-4.0.2 - Cross Compiler Final
> (<http://lfs.pagefault.net/clfs/view/cross-lfs/x86_64-64/cross-tools/gcc-fin
> al.html
> <http://lfs.pagefault.net/clfs/view/cross-lfs/x86_64-64/cross-tools/gcc-fina
> l.html> >)
> I get the ERROR:
> /cross-tools/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld: crti.o: No such file: No such file
> or directory
>
> Any useful help for me?
>
> Thanks
>  Michael

Hello Michael,

yes you are correct that building a 64bit machine from an 64bit host
using the LFS instructions won't work, so you have probably done the
easier route of cross building it.

would you please show use the follow settings for your system please (in
the same state it was in when you did this build and got the error)

PATH
which gcc
gcc -dumpspecs
uname -a