Package order : module-init-tools and mktemp

Ken Moffat ken at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Dec 5 13:42:51 PST 2005

  The testsuite from module-init-tools appears to use either tempfile or
mktemp (in that order) during the tests for generate-modprobe.conf so
that it can write to a temporary file.  With our current package order,
the testsuite fails.  Moving 'mktemp' to just ahead of m-i-t (which
happens to put it into the alphabetic sequence here), the tests pass.

  I say "appears" because my reading of 'runtest' is that it requires
these to be in /bin, and to bail out if neither is there, but it works
ok if they exist in /usr/bin.

  I'll change this part of the build order in a little while, after I've
got over moaning about package maintainers who do their best to destroy
all the evidence (make distclean) as soon as there is a test failure.