Niggles in current multilib

Ken Moffat ken at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Dec 6 04:58:27 PST 2005

  Well, I've booted my latest x86_64 build, but there were a couple of
glitches.

(i) 'file exists' when trying to symlink bzcat in bzip2-64bit - this is
  caused by the "full" install of bzip2-32bit.  'ln -sf' is my friend ;)

  I plan to move to Go Moko's suggestions for how to install multilib
bzip2 (looked ok on a powerpc64 multilib, but I still want to
double-check on x86_64), so for the moment I'm just noting this.

(ii) permissions problem with /dev/null (660), associated with
udevsend: connection refused
  messages during the boot.  (both the build system and the new system
were running 2.6.15-rc5).  For the moment, there is so much flux in the
udev area that I'm treating this as WONTFIX (Jim's new stuff will be in
the book soon), it's just a warning to anyone else to check permissions.