Test results

Ken Moffat ken at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Dec 10 14:10:49 PST 2005

On Sat, 10 Dec 2005, Jim Gifford wrote:

> Ken on the locales,
>   In creating dirs we create the locale dir and symlink it to /usr/lib64,
> maybe we are doing it wrong.

  Ouch!  I've missed that.  I'll have to take some time out to think
about how I can use the scripts extracted from the book (my tarballs and
patches are all on /sources, but that is an nfs mount, so I really don't
want to untar there).  I thought other people were seeing this, because
somebody suggested installing locales into /tools.

  So, in my case I don't have /usr/lib/locale/, whereas
/usr/lib64/locale/ contains locale-archive.  But that only gets
created *after* the 64-bit glibc tests (which all pass), so even if I'd
symlinked the directory, it would still be empty.  But then locales in
glibc are a mystery area - try using 'file' on the locale-archive.

>   install -d /usr/lib/locale
>   ln -s ../lib/locale /usr/lib64
>
>   Or we are not doing it properly and creating duplicate locale dirs in
> Glibc 64 bit we do this on installing the minimal locales               mkdir
> -p /usr/lib/locale
>
> Any comments

  Well, I guess next time I'll run with the directory and symlink, in
case it makes a change  I need to intercept the autotools testsuites to
get the internal logs, so I guess I might as well run with this first,
in case it makes a difference.