sparc64 pure64 error

Joe Ciccone jciccone at gmail.com
Sun Dec 11 15:18:36 PST 2005

Jeremy Huntwork wrote:

>Hey Guys,
>
>I'm pretty far behind as far as CLFS development goes. I was attempting
>to build pure64 on my sparc64 today. I got as far as cross-gcc final and
>hit this error:
>
>In file included from /tools/include/features.h:336,
>                 from /tools/include/pthread.h:22,
>                 from ../../gcc-4.0.2/gcc/gthr-posix.h:43,
>                 from ./gthr-default.h:1,
>                 from ../../gcc-4.0.2/gcc/gthr.h:114,
>                 from ../../gcc-4.0.2/gcc/unwind-dw2.c:42:
>/tools/include/gnu/stubs.h:7:27: error: gnu/stubs-32.h: No such file or
>directory
>
>Look familiar to anyone, or anyone have any ideas?
>
>--
>JH

right now what i know about this error is that glibc was aware of the
32bit part of something. real helpful right? stubs.h is generated when
glibc is installed and when the system is multilib it installs
stubs-32.h and stubs-64.h, when i look at the sparc64-64 book i dont see
a glibc-headers page, i need to look through the svn commits to see why
it isnt there. if you goto another pure64 book such as alpha and follow
the glibc-headers page it should fix this error, and many more you're
going to encounter.